Third Rock is a risk advisory and education company that provides sales and risk strategies to Canadian and international organizations. We exist to help maximize efficiency, improve margins and grow market share for our clients by teaching risk management expertise and its effect on sales and achieving goals. Guided by the principle that gaining long term cooperative and competitive advantage in any industry requires strong communication (consensus), Third Rock works with management and staff to assist in making better decisions and creating consistency around the sales and risk functions.
As risk advisors we aim to exceed expectations for our clients by working with business owners and executive teams to enhance sales, build integrated long term solutions and reduce insurance costs. With the goal of maximizing sales to your BEST customers, Third Rock can build comprehensive strategies to quantify uncertainty, maintain momentum, and implement solutions, that help our customers make the best decision in any situation.
Our education facility helps train sales, credit/accounting, finance and management staff so they gain a wider perspective on their role within the organization. Canada Job Grant eligible, we aim to help improve communication, build technical skills, and create efficiency within their respective departments and for the organization as a whole.
Specialists in Credit Risk Management, Third Rock works with Canadian and international exporters to ensure they get the maximum benefits from credit insurers at the lowest cost. We can also manage a wide range of services including raising capital, contract CFO work and financial and strategic modeling.
Alon Zack, Chief Advisor
“We know it takes time to build trust, and we aim to separate the sizzle from the steak right away. We guarantee that getting involved with Third rock will create new possibilities for your organization. We know 2016 and 2017 could be tough years, so let us help put risk in perspective when you need it most. Lets grab a coffee and chat!”
Canpotex is a world leader in the marketing and logistics of Saskatchewan potash
- Lead role in international credit risk and past due accounts receivable management, including the creation and development of risk scoring models
- Managed the largest EDC Credit Insurance Portfolio in Canada
- Chair of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program (2013-2015)
- Enabled considerable savings in the credit insurance premiums
- Extensive traveling throughout Latin America and Asia
HCF Mercantile Inc.
HCF Mercantile is a startup merchant banking group focusing on monetizing Saskatchewan mining opportunities
- Attracted investment interest and learned high level corporate strategy from one of the world’s largest private equity firms
- Developed infrastructural components including the business case, financial models, human resource initiatives, and capital raising strategies for four separate exploration companies in the oil & gas, geothermal power and potash industries
- Successfully executed on the purchase a 25,000 square foot commercial investment property
Pilot Energy Corp.
Pilot Energy is a start-up natural gas exploration company focused on taking advantage of underpriced gas reservoirs in Saskatchewan
- Co-founder and author of Business Case
- Raised $400,000 in seed capital from Saskatchewan based investors
- Developed a natural gas vehicle transportation strategy for the province of Saskatchewan
DEEP Earth Energy Production Corp.
DEEP is a geothermal exploration company searching for low temperature geothermal power production in Southeastern Saskatchewan
- Lead the successful application with Natural Resources Canada which awarded the company a $13.1 million subsidy towards the construction of the demonstration plant
- Co-authored the business case which guided the direction of company
PrimeWest Mortgage Investment Corporation
PrimeWest is a mortgage investment corporation that focuses on residential and commercial mortgages
- Increased the share capital from $2.4 million to $25 million in four years
- Grew from 76 regional investors to over 540 shareholders with distribution across every western province and Ontario
- Grew the mortgage portfolio from $4.0 million to $27.0 million in four years.
Canadian Western Bank
Western Canadian focused commercial and retail bank with Head Office in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Managed complex loan and deposit portfolios consisting of Real Estate, Commercial, and Industrial Leasing clients with aggregate loan authorizations in excess of $200 million
- Successfully attracted the largest independently owned chartered accounting firm in Alberta.
Education and Professional Designations
Major in Finance
University of Alberta
Canadian Securities Institute
Canadian Securities Institute
University of Saskatchewan
AMP Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Canadian Assoc. of Mortgage Prof.
RGCP International International Credit/Trade Professionals
University of Saskatchewan
- Member of the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the NSBA
- Chairman & President of Bicycles for Humanity (Saskatoon Chapter)
- Member of the Association of International Credit and Trade Finance Professionals
- Member of the Credit Institute of Canada
- Mentor: Raj Manek Mentorship Program
- Licensed Mortgage Broker, TMG, (2013-2014)
- Finance Instructor, (Sessional) in the Edwards School of Business, (2010-2013)
- City of Saskatoon Cultural Diversity and Race Relations committee (2005-2007)
- Junior Achievement Board Member (2005-2008)
- NSBA Business Builder Award Committee – Applications Chair (2004-2007)
- Chair of the feasibility study that lead to the creation of the Co-operative Education program in the Edwards School of Business, University of Saskatchewan (2005-2006)